Are you interested in fun, food, and friends?
- If you are 60 or older (plus spouses regardless of age), you might want to take advantage of TARCOG’s Nutrition Program.
- The program provides hot, nutritious meals to 33 centers, Monday through Friday, throughout the region.
- Each meal served contains at least one-third of the daily-recommended dietary allowances for older adults.
- There is no income limit for eligibility, but emphasis is placed on serving seniors that have the greatest economic or social need.
- Contributions are encouraged from senior participants. The minimum suggested donation per meal is $1.25.
- If you are homebound and need meals to allow you to maintain independence and remain in your home, we may be able to help. Home-delivered meals are available through the centers across the region. There may be a waiting list before a meal can be delivered to you.
The TARCOG Nutrition Program is operated according to the Older Americans Act through the Alabama Department of Senior Services. The main purpose of this Older Americans Act is to provide older Americans, particularly those with low income, with low cost, nutritionally sound meals served in community settings. Besides promoting better health among the older segment of the population through improved nutrition, the Older Americans Act Program is aimed at reducing the isolation of old age and offering older adults the opportunity to live their remaining years in dignity and with independence.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING TARCOG’S NUTRITION PROGRAM,
TARCOG Area Agency on Aging
5075 Research Drive NW
(256) 716-2456 or 1-800-243-5463.
For a list of Senior Centers in the Region, click here.
Or choose your region here: